Somfy Romania, leader in providing automated control systems for shading and access technology in homes and commercial buildings, but also a key player for smart home solutions, celebrates 15 years of existence on the local market and announces business increasing by more than 40% for the first half of this year, compared to the same period of last year. For the next year, the financial forecasts place the business at over 20 million lei.
Automation systems for exterior and interior shading, access solutions and those dedicated to the smart home were the main growth factors in the company’s sales.
If before the pandemic, roller shutters automation was the main category in sales, in the last two years, the demand for automation for indoor shading systems has doubled from year to year, followed by an acceleration of outdoor shading systems: pergolas, awnings and smart home solutions, results that reflect the new reality and change in the lifestyle and living of the customers.
An important contribution to the positive evolution of the activity was also made by Somfy’s partners, the solid relations resisting the challenges that the whole industry goes through.
“On the occasion of the local anniversary, we are proud of a spectacular evolution of the business, having a dynamic similar to that of the group, of over 40%. However, the pandemic situation in the last year has caused an imbalance between the market demand and existing stocks, along with commodity price pressure and the global crisis of electronic components, which has led to delays in delivery, but which we are trying to extinguish by the end of the year. . We strive to minimise the impact of these phenomena on our partners and final customers and we hope the market will stabilise at the end of the year. Even in these conditions, we expect to close the financial year 2021 with an increase comparable to the last year”, said Vlad Rovo, Country Manager Somfy Romania and Moldova.
TaHoma® Switch, a revolutionary new product on the Romanian smart home market
Despite the ongoing global challenges, the Somfy Group continues to invest in innovation, and over the past 10 years has worked to transform the smart home ecosystem into the most complete and open on the market. Thus, at the beginning of the year it launched for its customers – TaHoma® Switch, the first intelligent control that centralises and controls the intelligent equipment in the home, at ond touch of a button. TaHoma® Switch is compatible with almost 300 ranges of Somfy products and from partner brands.
Somfy Romania recently introduced on the local market Tahoma Switch, which will bring in the homes of Romanians a complete intelligent control, and more personalisation, simplification and a high level of comfort for the moments spent inside.
At the same time, Somfy aims to play a key role in helping its partners to digitise their business and simplify the installation and maintenance of their products, as well as the interaction with the final customers. Thus, it launches TaHoma® Suite, the latest innovation dedicated to professionals, which makes connectivity simpler, more accessible and more intuitive.
In such a particular and dynamic market context, living trends have changed, as the pandemic period has strengthened our fundamental aspects, people are now concerned with finding comfort and saving energy.
“Working from home has led customers to invest more than ever in their well-being and comfort inside. Another aspect I notice is the increase in awareness of energy performance and we see here significant investments in solar shading systems and their automation. More and more people want a smart home and thus, to achieve energy savings. Our calculations indicate that this year we will exceed the threshold of 10,000 connected objects in the cloud, on the Romanian territory “, adds Vlad Rovo.
Key moments in the 15 years of Somfy Romania’s existence:
- Transfer from Hungary to a local management, by appointing Vlad Rovo as Country Manager
- New office in Bucharest, moving to a new headquarters, with training room and warehouse equipped with modern technology
- The launch in Romania of connected home solutions, as well as IO-homecontrol technology, the first two-way radio technology in the field of shading and access systems.
- Launch of the Somfy Expert program in which Somfy specialised partners for final customers were enrolled
- Implementation of a CRM and an ERP system
- Launch of smart product ranges for video surveillance and temperature control
- Membership as members in organisations focused on Energy Efficiency: RoGBC, KNX Association
- Association in ROENEF and contribution to the elaboration of “Energy efficient house financing guide – AFM”
- Launching the series of webinars during the lockdown for our partners training
- The best business growth dynamics since the establishment of the company
- Implementation of Somfy solutions within reference projects such as Sea ON Mamaia or Nordis Mamaia Phase 1 in the residential-hotel segment or Messer Romania Gaz headquarters, the new Kärcher Romania headquarters in Bucharest, Leier Romania headquarters in Alba County, Inna
- Schaeffler Brașov – Building no. 3, AMF Brums Factory in Roman, Mega Image Logistics Center in Ștefănești, in the segment of commercial and industrial buildings.Over 10,000 connected objects in the cloud, on the Romanian territory