GE Garanti Bank becomes operational

Newsroom 31/05/2010 | 11:11

GE Garanti Bank, the new credit institution authorized by the National Bank of Romania (BNR), will become operational at the end of May, the lender’s representatives have announced.

Garanti Turkey is the main shareholder with 70 percent of the stake, with the other 30 percent belonging to General Electric Capital Corporation. According to the BNR’s authorization, GE Garanti Bank will take over all the operations of the Romanian branch of GarantiBank International NV.

“We intend to repeat the increase posted in 2009 this year, when we will continue to develop, aiming for an increase of 50 percent in our assets and a 40 percent rise of the volume of credits and deposits. By the end of 2011 we will also double our territorial network to 100 units. Besides that, we intend to significantly develop all of our portfolios,” said Murat Atay, general manager of GarantiBank.

Anda Sebesi


BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: July 2023 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The July 2023 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “At a Crossroads: Budget Deficit Endangering Romania’s Economic
Newsroom | 31/07/2023 | 14:14

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of

    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by

    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue