Asseco South Eastern Europe takes over Probass

Newsroom 15/12/2009 | 14:38

Asseco South Eastern Europe S.A. (ASEE) purchased the shares of Romanian company Probass, supplier of software solutions for the banking system.

The administration board of ASEE announced that on December 11 the company finalized the takeover of a 100 percent stake of the capital of Probass S.A.

Of the total cost of the acquisition, 60 percent of shares were bought in cash for a sum of EUR 7.7 million. The rest of 40 percent of shares were purchased as such, so Probass shareholders will become ASEE shareholders.

Probass will be totally integrated into the ASEE structure that is already existent in Romania, especially as far as the team responsible for banking solutions is concerned.

The Probass acquisition is part of the ASEE strategy to build a regional IT group that operates in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia. Asseco SEE is a Polish company that was formed following the acquisition of Romanian companies Net Consulting and FIBa Software in 2007.

In 2008, Probass turnover was EUR 2.5 million and the net profit amounted to EUR 1.6 million. The company has 25 employees.


BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: July 2023 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The July 2023 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “At a Crossroads: Budget Deficit Endangering Romania’s Economic
Newsroom | 31/07/2023 | 14:14

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of

    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by

    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue