Since the initial demand from the five companies that have enrolled in the telecom tender for spectrum– 2K Telecom, Cosmote Romanian Mobile Telecommunications, Orange Romania, RCS & RDS and Vodafone Romania– exceeds the existing offer, telecom authority ANCOM has announced that auction rounds must be organized to attribute the spectrum.
The auction rounds will start on September 10 and the final results will be announced in October.
Spectrum on sale
* Granted for 15 years, starting April 6, 2014
42 duplex blocks of 5 MHz each:
- 6 blocks in 800 MHz
- 7 blocks in the 900 MHz
- 15 blocks in 1800 MHz
- 14 blocks in 2600 MHz
3 simplex blocks of 15 MHz each in 2600 MHz
*Granted for 15 months, expire on April 5, 2014
- 5 duplex blocks in 900 MHz
- 6 duplex blocks in 1800 Mhz
In the first primary round, the price of every block of spectrum will be equal to the starting prices established by the Romanian government.
Licenses allocated for 15 years (2014-2029)
- EUR 35 million per block of spectrum in 800 MHz
- EUR 40 million per block of spectrum in 900 MHz
- EUR 10 million per block of spectrum in 1800 MHz
- EUR 4 million per duplex block of spectrum in 2600 MHz
- EUR 3 million per simplex block of spectrum in 2600 MHz
Licenses allocated for 15 months
- EUR 3.4 million per block of spectrum in 900 MHz
- EUR 800,000 per block of spectrum in 1800 MHz
Each applicant is invited to submit an offer indicating the number of wanted blocks in each frequency. At the closing of each primary round, all the received offers are centralized and, if the demand exceeds the offer, a new round is organized.
In case there are more rounds, the price per block of spectrum will increase and will be communicated to the bidders. The primary rounds end after the demand for blocks does no longer exceed the number of available ones, in all categories of spectrum.
After the primary rounds, the bidding can continue with supplementary rounds, if there are blocks of spectrum that have not been allocated.