re:Focus on eCommerce, Retail & Logistics is almost here, so tune in with BR’s first event of 2022. The live stream will start at 11:00 AM on BR’s YouTube channel, make sure to subscribe and click the bell to set a reminder so you won’t miss a second of BR’s first event of 2022!
The live conference will also be streamed live on Facebook and LinkedIn, in the dedicated events, where you can tune in with the lively debates online, ask questions and interact with other attendees!
Until then, check out the event’s official page for all the relevant details about re:Focus on eCommerce, Retail & Logistics 2022, like the engaging agenda, or our great speaker roster.
re:FOCUS on eCommerce, Retail & Logistics 2022 is a hybrid event, live from the Courtyard by Marriott Bucharest Floreasca, committed to revealing the latest trends and predicting future ones, while offering solutions to the current challenges of eCommerce, Retail & Logistics.
The conference brings together leading Retailers and Omnichannel innovators, Supply Chain & Logistics Major Players, sharing their valuable insights, best practices, challenges and opportunities about how to strategically reach long-term growth goals, no matter the uncertainty.
Featuring live stream panel discussion, presentations, interviews and Q&A sessions with key players across the industry. re:FOCUS on eCommerce, Retail & Logistics 2022 consists of 3 main panels, dedicated to eCommerce & the Courier Industry, Retail & Logistics, and the The Deposit Return System.
Event partners: Cargus, eMAG, IMMOFINANZ, IULIUS, Answear.ro, CBRE, Fan Courier, Hervis Romania, Metro Romania, VTEX, Alpha Bank, National Soft Drinks Association (ANBR), Auchan Retail Romania, Brewers of Romania Association, Envipco, Sameday, FEPRA, Holograma 3D | Think Events.
11:00 – 13:00 Panel 1: eCommerce and the courier industry
• Challenges, trends and strategies that are revolutionizing eCommerce and omnichannel
• Future Payment Methods in eCommerce
• Creating personalized online shopping experiences
• Customer Centricity: The customer is everything and all operations, practices and deliveries must be centered around value
• With the eCommerce opportunity growing fast, multi-channel transforms operations to fit in line with shifts in b2b and b2c norms of the future
• Using tools to identify customer behaviors to offer personalized recommendations and experiences
• How courier companies have adapted in order to keep the supply chain uninterrupted
• Investments in the development and modernisation of courier hubs
• Digitalization of courier companies: chatbots, PDAs, “Predictability” projects, mPOS
• The future of the courier industry: complete fulfillment services
• How do courier companies approach sustainability?
13:15 – 14:45 Panel 2: Retail & Logistics
• Reinventing retail and reconnecting with customers
• Building broader, more dynamic shopping experiences
• Bridging the gap between offline and online
• Classic retailers’ rapid adaptation and transition to a new, digital, reality
• Logistics Meet Innovation: views and insights on the challenges and trends faced by the logistics industry
• Transport and logistics companies in the spotlight: growth opportunities
• New technologies to engage offline customers; bringing in-store digital experiences
• Health and safety standards in industrial spaces
• Alternatives to classic warehousing
• Innovations in Digital Payment Methods: from cloud to mobile point-of-sale (mPOS)
15:00 – 16:30 Panel 3: The Deposit Return System
• Retail & logistics’ biggest challenge of 2022: implementing the Deposit Return System
• A challenge or an opportunity? The DRS has been described as an effective instrument towards a circular economy, but how prepared are producers, retailers, distributors, and authorities to create a functional Deposit Return System?
• What are the rules of this new game and who makes them? Who will manage the system?
• What are the costs of adopting the system?
• “The system will only work if all producers are fully involved, all retailers, all distributors and – most importantly – all citizens are involved and contribute to its success.” Barna Tánczos, Minister of Environment, Water and Forests. Will everyone get on board, from producers to consumers, and from authorities to retailers & distributors?
• The Minister’s goal in the first year is a recovery rate of 65%, followed by a target of 85-95% in the third year. How realistic are these numbers?
• Reimbursement of the deposit, cash, credit card, vouchers, or tokens? How will it work in practice?
• How will consumers react to the DRS and how to improve awareness towards this issue?