HTC unveiled the latest flagship, HTC U12 +, that promises “unparalleled user experience and extraordinary design” and should be the boldest top of the line smartphone offered by the Taiwanese producer. The phone has a 6 inch screen with live colors and cinematic aspect ratio of 18:9 and it is easier to use thanks to Edge Sense 2, allowing intuitive single-handed interaction.
Features of the new HTC U12 + include:
- Edge Sense 2: The edge of the new U12 + turns into the easiest and intuitive way to interact with your phone. The new Edge Sense adapts to what hand you use, and by touching a single hand you can navigate through your device, hold it tight to keep the screen orientation, or sharpen your edges to take photos and videos, zoom in maps or any other interaction you want.
- The best-rated dual camera: Two cameras on both sides of your phone bring you bokeh-like artwork like a DSLR. The UltraSpeed Autofocus 2 feature includes full-sensor autofocus and a new laser autofocus, so you do not miss any frame, and HDR Boost 2 lets you take fantastic photos under any lighting conditions. The main camera has 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom to keep you up to date, while Sonic Zoom shooting lets you zoom in on a sound or voice as a true director of scene. If we also add the one-touch auto zoom feature, you have the Hollywood in your pocket. It’s so good that the new HTC U12 + received a DxOMark score of 103 – the best-rated dual smartphone in the industry.
- The most advanced versions of HTC BoomSound, USonic, and HD Qualcomm aptX sound: incredible pulse boosting sound through powerful BoomSound speakers and the USonic Active Noise Canceling Sound Headphones to eliminate distractions. USonic matches the sound of the unique structure of your ear, so you can hear every high note with crystal clearness, and each bass line as a thunder. And the Bluetooth wireless sound offered by the 24-bit high-resolution aptX HD will exceed your expectations.
- Liquid Surface: The phone has a more artistic design with ultra-thin screen edges and new recessed pressure-sensitive buttons with vibrant colors, as you have never seen before. Translucent Blue lets you also admire the interior of your phone, while Ceramic Black gives you an incredibly sophisticated look, and Flame Red delivers extraordinary shades for the most dynamic look ever made by HTC.
- Power and performance: Equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with the LTE X20, which extends the way you see, hear and interact with the world around you. Created specifically for peak performance and connection with LTE download speeds beyond Gigabit, without compromising battery life. With 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage, the new phone brings you power and performance that changes the expectations of a phone.
The new HTC U12 + is also VR ready for Vive Focus (variable availability) by synchronizing notifications and calls plus mirror mode to turn your phone into your own VR cinema.
The device will be available from early July in the colors Translucent Blue, Ceramic Black and Flame Red. The company didn’t mention the price but based on the experience so far it will probably be around EUR 800.