The two-day Environmental & Sustainability Summit, organized by Business Review Magazine, will host a paramount platform for discussions and debate around the most pressing issues facing the world of today and tomorrow. Environmentalism and sustainability are at the forefront of all economic recovery plans, as key organizations such as the EU or the UN are setting ambitious goals which private enterprises around the world are picking up, accelerating the change.
Together with Romania’s most important changemakers, the very people which are leading the sustainable change, we will explore key aspects of the much needed #GreenRestart we are striving for: from sustainable food and water consumption, and eco-communities, to renewable energy sources and circular economy, each with its very own panel.
Join us on September 28-29 at The Marmorosch Bucharest, Autograph Collection (Doamnei St. 2, Bucharest) for Business Review’s Environmental & Sustainability Summit, the only two-day summit of its kind in Romania, and take an inside look at what the top speaking guests have to say about creating a new normality through sustainable means. Only together we can keep our future safe!
Stay tuned, more info about the agenda to be announced soon!
From old and polluting industries to fast growing unsustainable urban communities, from old auto parks to lack of waste management, from deforestation and wildlife aggressions to fossil-based energy, Romania and SEE countries still are far behind developed European countries in environment and sustainability policies and projects. We see small initiatives, projects going forward, but we also see infringements on coal energy production, waste management or river pollution management. Now it is a good time to move forward to a better future. We can fully benefit now from the western successful models, funding opportunities from European institutions and, very important, we do have smart and willing to do people.
Water is the largest natural resource but only 3% of it is freshwater, of which just 1/3 is accessible for use in agriculture and urbanization. Water is at the core of sustainable development and is critical for socio-economic development, healthy ecosystems and for human survival itself. Agriculture is by far the thirstiest consumer of water globally, accounting for 70% of water withdrawals worldwide. Presently, over 80% of wastewater is discharged without treatment. Based on populations grow and countries development, global water demand (in terms of withdrawals) is projected to increase by 55% by 2050.
Urban developments are responsible for 75% of global CO2 emissions, rising temperatures, water pollution and waste. Transport is accounting for around a fifth of all global CO2 emission and the way in which the people and industries will keep moving is also very important in efforts to tackle climate change.
Increasing costs of energy along with other raw materials puts a lot of pressure on the sector. The announced major investments in renewable energy projects are facing difficulties, but small, private, or local projects are “forced” to move forward.
Awareness to climate changes effects has increased drastically as result of Covid-19 pandemic. Consumers are demanding more sustainable long-lasting products, without sacrificing on price or quality. Products need to fit sustainability standards to match with consumers expectations. Companies are increasingly looking to organic resources that are renewable, sustainably managed, recovered and reused as much as part of their solution to addressing their environmental impacts.
Business Review Magazine is turning the spotlight on the major real estate actors in Romania, revealing the most important developers, investors, builders and providers in office, residential and logistics markets.
The launch of the 2022 Real Estate Guide Premium edition will take place on the occasion of the annual Realty Forum by BR – celebrating 21 years during which it became established as the voice of the Romanian Real Estate industry.
Exclusive Spotlight Stage dialogues, Success Stories and industry rankings, over an evening of networking conversations and cocktails will wonderfully complement the remarkable industry event.
The speakers and attendees of the exclusive Business Review event will have insightful conversations with elite professionals highlighting the industry landscape:
• Economic outlook in Romania and CEE during 2022-23
• Trends shaping the local and European property market in 2022-23
• Office: What is the development outlook by 2023 and how will demand evolve in this period?
• How are offices adapting to hybrid work arrangements and what is the future of the office sector?
• Industrial: How does the development pipeline look across Romania and which sectors are driving demand for warehouses spaces?
• Retail: Why are retail parks dominating the new investments int he retail segment and what will happen with the shopping malln iche.
• Residential: What is the outlook of prices and new investments in the residential market considering the high inflation and disrupted supply chains
• Land: Which property segments are driving demand for land in key areas?
• Urban regeneration projects driving large-scale investments in Romania
• How is the hotel market shaping in the post-pandemic economy and what projects are slated for delivery by the end of 2023?
• How can Romania break the EUR 1 billion volume of investment transactions during 2022
• What will happen with funding conditions for property players considering the growth of interest rates?
• What is the outlook of yields in the commercial property sector and how is Bucharest positioned compared to other markets across CEE?
• How are ESG principles implemented in commercial projects and how is sustainability increasing the attractiveness
of property assets in the eyes on tenants
• How are PropTechs creating new trends in the property market
• Is the transformation of property projects a driving trend in the industry
• Legal provisions that real estate investors need to know in 2022
• Fiscal updates that property investors need to take into account in 2022
SUCCESS STORIES SPOTLIGHTS
• Top 10 executives to watch in Romania’s real estate
• Top suppliers in the real estate industry
• Top 5 office projects shaping Bucharest in 2022
- Session 1: Real Estate Trends to Look for in office, residential and mixed Projects
- Session 2: Industrial & Logistics Sectors
- Launch of the 2022 Real Estate Premium Guide
- Business Review's Readers' Choice Realty Awards
- Networking Cocktail
• Moving from Cities to Suburbs: Mixed-use projects are becoming true cities-within-cities (or just outside)
• Home Prices Continue to Rise: delivery vs. absorption rates
• Return to the Office: Ocuppancy rates, forecasts, and adapting to hybrid work
• The importance of ESG and Green Certifications
• Industrial Real Estate: can it keep its upward trend?
• Revamping the Supply Chain
• Romania, a regional hub for e-commerce
• Constanta, the new industrial hotspot of the Black Sea
• Intermodal hubs, a key component for the industrial & logistic sectors
• ESG in the Industrial Segment and its impact on long term investments
• Construction Cost, Land availability, new places to be
The commercial real estate industry is continuing its post-pandemic recovery and is adapting to the emerging demands of tenants and Romanians that are seeking a new experience for shopping, living and working.
On this backdrop, Business Review launches this year’s real state supplement to present main developments on the market in the second semester of 2022 and to gauge the potential of the property sector for the first half of 2023. The property sector is on track to generate more than EUR 1 billion worth of investment transactions this year, with offices and industrial assets set to drive deal making.
The exclusive features cover the evolution of the office, industrial, retail and residential sectors, while also analyzing the factors that shape the industry, ranging from fiscal and legal provisions, to innovation in technology.
Business Review’s Readers’ Choice Realty Awards are taking a step back from the usual “Editors’ choice” format and focus on the Vox Populi of the BR readership and social media community. By looking at the best performing companies in the Romanian real estate sector through this lens, Business Review will determine, according to the metrics of the news articles, stories, analyses, profiles, or interviews from the last 12 months, what are the most remarkable accomplishments in the industry and who are the people behind them!
RISING CITIES. SMART FUTURE 2022 highlights the type of investments and actions that are needed to upgrade Romania’s cities, moving to a clean, circular economy, boosting the efficient use of resources in urban areas on a long term: sustainable green buildings; environment-friendly technologies aiming to achieve zero pollution production and consumption and to become climate neutral; efficient water consumption; initiatives of organizations, associations, NGOs to raise awareness.
The event will take place at the Courtyard by Marriott Bucharest Floreasca on June 9 and will also be streamed live online on YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
To JOIN US for insightful conversations with top experts and quality networking time, please fill in the registration form on this page.
Greener, happier, healthier and more sustainable cities
Tax, Law, and Lobby Conference, now at its 19th edition, is the landmark event for tax and legal professionals in the Romanian industry, that offers a full perspective regarding the latest fiscal and legislation changes that impact the private sector.
Business Review announces the 19th edition of the Tax, Law & Lobby Conference, its flagship event that offers a full perspective regarding the latest fiscal and legislation changes that impact the private sector. This year’s edition will take place in an exclusive on-site format, on May 24 at the JW Marriott Bucharest Grand Hotel.
• The impact of adopting reduced VAT rates in Romania
• Internal Fraud vs Tax Evasion
• Investments and state-owned companies, relationship with foreign companies, investments in Romania
• How does NAFA intend to minimise the VAT Gap: SAF-T, RO e-invoice & RO e-transport
• Indirect taxes: best practices on improving collection levels
• The VAT E-commerce package: adjust indirect taxation to the new realities and technologies
• Fighting undeclared and “gray” work
• Tax exemptions and other benefits for the relocation of businesses from Ukraine, Russia, or Belarus to Romania
• Digitalization and Simplification Measures in the Fiscal Procedure Code
• State-aid schemes in 2022
• Restructuring & insolvencies: Solutions for businesses that face financial difficulties
• The rebound of the Romanian M&A market
• The recent push for digitalization makes cybersecurity paramount
• Cyber defense in the new reality of the financial sector
• What do we need to know about the Government cloud project? A 360 perspective: a debate between tech leaders, IT specialists, consultants, and public officials
• Creating a national AI strategy
• PNRR grants for tech projects: digitalization, data, cloud, blockchain, AI, IT, cybersecurity, Internet of Things (IoT), and more
• Digital assets: how long until they will replace traditional currencies?
• How active was the Romanian IPO market in the past 12 months?
• Understanding the tax and legal aspects of remote work and the 4-day work week
• Understanding the temporary protection mechanism for citizens coming from Ukraine
• Corporate integrity: what do Romanian employees and business leaders expect from their companies