Investing During a Downturn
First Edition | Hotel InterContinental | November 10, 2009
08:30 – 09:00 Registration
09:00 – 11:30 – Proposed Topics:
Insolvency and debt recovery
Project finance and syndicated loans
Syndicated loans, investment fund financing, welcoming a new shareholder on board
- Syndicated loans – how hard is it to get them, what steps must be taken to qualify for such a loan, what banks are offering these loans nowadays; structuring a financing deal with banks active abroad.
- Investment fund financing – what are investment funds looking for nowadays in an investment target; how to choose the best type of investment fund to invest in your company, how to structure a deal with an investment fund.
- New shareholders – protection from hostile takeovers; negotiating the sale of a minority share package; structuring takeover deals through stock exchange transactions.
How to start a company during an economic downturn
- How to find financing when financing has dried up
- How to set up a company in Romania – what are the shortcuts, how to deal with public bodies
- How to minimize startup costs
- How to deal with new suppliers
Taking over distressed assets/players
- How to negotiate deal and prices
- How to structure deals to take over distressed assets/players
- How to ensure a stable cash flow from the taken over asset
- How to choose from various distressed assets/players in Romania
The pitfalls of investing in energy
- What are the most sought after energy investments in Romania?
- How much does it cost to invest in renewable energy in Romania?
- How to deal with state-related issues when investing in energy in Romania
- The setting up of the National Energy companies and their impact on the energy market in Romania
Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii
ING Real Estate
Partner – Restructuring Services
Ernst & Young Central and Southeast Europe
Executive Director Corporate Finance & Investment Banking