Trencadis, a technology company specialized in developing and implementing complex software solutions for the public and private sectors, saw a turnover of 121 million lei (24.5 million euros) in 2022, growing by 21% compared to the previous year. The outcomes achieved last year are the best in the company’s history.
2022 was for Trencadis to rethink its business philosophy to become one of the best-prepared IT companies with substantial public sector activity to start new significant projects for the digital transformation of the administration in relation to the citizens and the business entities.
“The pipeline of projects for 2023 is a consistent one, increasing compared to 2022 thanks to the professional skills of our team and the delivery in the best conditions of the complex digital transformation projects in which we are involved as an integrator. By rethinking the business philosophy, we took the option to become the largest Romanian integrator in the IT market in the public sector. We work in this endeavor together with partners, subcontractors, and suppliers”, said Marian Murgulet, CEO of Trencadis.
What impacted Trencadis growth in 2022
The complex projects of system integration, digital transformation of some public services, and hardware and software infrastructure delivery positively influenced the turnover in 2022, and these trends continue in 2023. Investments in the team’s technical skills and in the technologies that produced the first large-scale projects on Big Data solutions also contributed to the evolution of the turnover. In this context, Trencadis is still looking for specialists for roles such as Project Managers, Business Analysts, System Architects, and Big Data and AI specialists.
The growth of the Trencadis company from the year 2022 was thus based on rethinking the business philosophy, the excellent knowledge of the profile market and business partners in the IT field, and a new financing strategy. Regarding the financing strategy, the partnership with EximBank played an essential role in developing the Trencadis business in excellent conditions considering the financial impact of projects such as Edulib worth tens of millions of euros. The Edulib project involves the creation of a digital platform with open educational resources and integrating and exploiting digital resources of the open educational resource type.
Digital transformation projects started in 2022
Trencadis continued a series of projects earlier begun in the digital transformation of public administration and, at the same time, launched the implementation of eight new public sector digitization projects:
- Big Data project that will develop an integrated management system for the National Health Insurance House.
- Development for the Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Tourism (MAT) of an IT system to streamline authorization and control activities in tourism. The database will be interconnected with other national systems, such as National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF), National Trade Register Office (ONRC), and PCUe.
- The National Employment Agency (ANOFM): IT application design and maintenance service contract and supporting hardware infrastructure, ReCONECT project – Adaptation to Change – Integrated Anticipation, Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism of the Labor and Education Market, co-financed by the European Social Fund through the Human Capital Operational Program 2014-2020.
- The Superior Council of Magistracy: Services for developing an integrated IT system for managing the activity of the technical apparatus and for relations with other institutions inside and outside the judicial system.
- The implementation for the Delgaz Grid company of an intelligent control system of the electricity distribution network in Suceava county.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs – General Inspectorate for Immigration (IGI): Carrying out a business analysis regarding the institution’s IT system.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs: implementing an integrated information system DMS (Document Management System) and BSC (Balanced Scorecard).
- The National Authority for Consumer Protection (ANPC): consulting services for the development of the IT system
Among the projects in progress that started before 2022 are the digital platform with open educational resources Edulib, the implementation of an integrated IT system for Falticeni City Hall, IT system to increase the availability of electronic services for citizens and the business environment (Vatra Dornei municipality), and the creation of an integrated IT system to simplify administrative procedures for the Campulung Moldovenesc City Hall.