As the 12th edition of Business Review Awards Gala, BR magazine’s flagship event that recognizes the outstanding achievements of the business community, will take place on February 27, we want to put the spotlight on the 10 categories and finalists that were selected by the independent jury for their exceptional activity in 2016.
For BR Awards 2017, the jury looked at over 100 nominees and selected 43 companies, entrepreneurs and executives that will compete for a trophy.
The first award category is Best Community Development Initiative, which was introduced to recognize the efforts of a Romanian or foreign company doing business locally that has demonstrated a commitment to implementing medium and long term programs/projects that aim to support the community they operate in. It looks to reward companies’ involvement in community development programs with a high impact in the society.
The finalists were selected by an independent jury based on the following criteria:
Proven social impact of the business / initiative (community impact)
Developing long term programs or projects for the local communities (long term commitment to the local community)
The initiatives coming from companies meet a real need of the community (e.g. education, social intervention, health, environment, technology)
Being transparent to the local community by publishing annual sustainability reports (GRI 4)
The finalists of this category are:
eMAG Foundation for “Aiming for the Olympiad” program
BCR for “Bursa Binelui”
ENGIE Romania for the acquisition of ventilation machines for medical centers
Kaufland for its support granted to Hospice Casa Sperantei
OMV Petrom for its grants program “Idei din Tara lui Andrei”
Secom for “The Garden with Remedies”
Last year’s winner in this category was Asociatia pentru Relatii Comunitare (ARC).
The jurors of BR Awards 2017
- Anca Rarau – Marketing Director, BCR
- Cosmin Alexandru – Transformation Partner, Wanted Transformation/Entrepreneurship Academy
- Istvan Kocsolade – Manager, Accenture Management Consulting
- Joshua Burke – Commercial Attaché & Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, US Embassy Bucharest
- Marius Ghenea – Investment Director, 3TS Capital
- Matteo Patrone – Director for Romania, EBRD
- Oana Bulexa – Managing Director, The Practice
- Oana Craioveanu – CoFounder, Impact Hub
- Silviu Stoica – Partner, Popovici Nitu Stoica si Asociatii
- Sotiris Chatzidakis – Executive Vice President, CEO Clubs