Globalworth, the leading office investor in Central and Eastern Europe, consistent with its commitment to providing high-quality and environmentally friendly spaces to its partners and stakeholders, received 47 ESG-related certifications for its Romanian portfolio.
- Renewed LEED green certifications for Globalworth Tower, the Green Court Complex (3 buildings), and City Offices;
- BREEAM New Construction for green certification for Globalworth Square;
- Renewed BREEAM In-use green certifications for BOB, BOC, GW Plaza, TCI, Unicredit, Gara Herastrau, TIP (1 facility) and received first-time BREEAM In-use green certification for two other facilities in the TIP complex;
- Access4you – Disabled Persons Certification for 16 Globalworth office buildings;
- WELL Health-Safety Rating for all our office properties.
“At Globalworth, our vision is to build a greener and more environmentally friendly portfolio, as we feel this is the best way to give back to local communities, our investors, our tenants, our partners and our staff who work in or live nearby our buildings. Achieving these certifications was a very rigorous process, and our success shows that we are truly dedicated to best practices, high quality and continuous improvement. In the future, we will all have to rethink the way we build cities to enable greener and smarter living for all, better spaces that provide peace of mind. We are happy to bring the future closer”, stated Marian Popa, Managing Director at Globalworth Romania.
One of the highlights in terms of sustainability was the scoring achieved at Globalworth Square, the most technologically advanced office building in the Globalworth portfolio: BREEAM Outstanding accreditation, with 99% scoring, placing the building on the 3rd place worldwide at the time of its certification.
Promoting green buildings, improving building’s energy efficiency and investing in green certifications
We consider investment in energy-efficient properties a business advantage and a part of our broader preparatory actions for nZEB. It also allows us to give back to local communities, our investors, our tenants, our partners and the people who work in or live nearby our buildings:
- Local communities benefit from reduced carbon emissions generated from the use of the property.
- Our tenants benefit from more efficient energy consumption, positively impacting the profitability of their operations.
- The people working or visiting our buildings benefit from improved conditions, thanks to temperature control and better airflow and quality (which can also lead to enhanced productivity).
- Our partners benefit by assisting us to develop, maintain and operate a green portfolio according to the respective specifications of each property.