Globalworth, the leading office investor in Central and Eastern Europe and the office market leader in Romania, has earned the WELL Health-Safety Rating for the entire portfolio of almost half a million square meters consisting of 15 office buildings in Romania. The WELL Health-Safety Rating is an evidence-based, third-party verified rating for all new and existing building and space types focusing on operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment now and into the future.
The Covid-19 pandemic highlighted the buildings’ critical role in protecting people’s health, safety, and well-being. Designed to empower owners and operators across large and small businesses alike to take the necessary steps in order to prioritize the health and safety of their staff, visitors and stakeholders, the WELL Health-Safety Rating can help guide users in preparing their spaces for re-entry in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, instilling confidence in those who come through the building as well as the broader community.
“Since the very early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted a very hands-on and proactive approach and decisions to implement measures were made in a very short time. The WELL Health-Safety Rating is proof that our top priorities have been and will continue to be the health, safety and wellbeing of the people working and visiting our properties. We believe that our initiatives and the detailed and continuous communication with our +210 tenants who lease space in our 15 high-quality offices in Bucharest have been providing the necessary assurance for them to actively start implementing their return to the office. This certification provides extra assurance that our Globalworth community can safely return to the office, states Andreea Chirea, Quality Assurance Engineer at Globalworth.
The extensive certification process was coordinated by Green & Healthy Buildings Certifications Division of Colliers.
“One of the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic is the anxiety of uncertainty about where people feel safe. We were proud to be involved in this process and to assist Globalworth achieving the WELL Health-Safety Seals for the entire office buildings portfolio. Globalworth has demonstrated incredible leadership in directly supporting the health, safety and overall well-being of the people entering their properties, the seal being an international recognized indication of confidence and trust that communicates to everyone entering a space that evidence-based measures have been adopted and third-party verified”, adds Oana Stamatin, Deputy Head of Green & Healthy Buildings Certifications and Building Surveying within Colliers.
Each building achieved the WELL Health-Safety Rating by implementing features across five categories:
- Cleaning and sanitization procedures, including ensuring proper handwashing and surface contact by staff, improving cleaning practices and their frequency, and selecting cleaning products that disinfect without harmful ingredients.
- Emergency preparedness programs, which provide plans for dealing with unforeseen events and providing an actionable plan for re-entry after an emergency event.
- Health service resources, which promote the well-being of employees through screening services, mental health services, seasonal vaccination programs and a smoke-free environment
- Air and water quality management, which includes the assessment of ventilation and fresh air supply and reviewing inventory of all filters.
- Stakeholder engagement and communications, which include employing proper signage throughout office buildings and promoting health literacy to employees and tenants, including food service safety verification.
The following Globalworth office buildings received the WELL Health-Safety Rating: BOB, BOC, City Offices, Gara Herăstrău, Globalworth Campus A, Globalworth Campus B, Globalworth Campus C, Globalworth Plaza, Globalworth Tower, Green Court A, Green Court B, Green Court C, Renault Bucharest Connected, Tower Center International, Unicredit HQ.