Clifford Chance Badea, the local office of global law firm Clifford Chance, grows its Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice coordinated by Simona Neagu, by recruiting Vicu Buzac as senior associate and Laura Costea – associate.
“Our Litigation practice is one of the most dynamic practices of the Bucharest office. This is primarily due to multi-jurisdictional projects involving litigation lawyers – international investigations and arbitrations,” Daniel Badea, managing partner Clifford Chance Badea, says.
Simona Neagu, coordinator of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice, adds:
“We are pleased to add two ambitious and very talented lawyers to our Litigation team. Our constant concern is to provide clients with the highest professional standards of service through the best team of lawyers. Seeing them in court, I am convinced that Vicu and Laura will generate added value in the representation mandates and projects we advice on.”
Vicu Buzac, senior associate, has over 11 years of professional experience in litigation, arbitration, intellectual property and data protection. A graduate with a LL.M. degree from the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest, Vicu also holds a LL.M. from Queen Mary University of London in International and Comparative Dispute Resolution.
Laura Costea, associate, has gained experience in litigation, arbitration, intellectual property and gaming law. Laura is a graduate of the Faculty of Law – University of Bucharest and the Franco-Romanian Legal College of European Studies.
Clifford Chance Badea’s Litigation practice has a core team of eight senior lawyers with multi-jurisdictional experience. The Litigation practice in Bucharest is fully integrated into Clifford Chance’s global litigation and arbitration practice, working on complex global investigations, white collar and crisis management projects, commercial and investment arbitrations, commercial litigation, restructuring, as well as competition investigations and litigation.
The recent portfolio includes favorable resolutions in a significant number of disputes, such as:
- Representation of several companies in litigation regarding fines imposed by the Competition Council for abuse of a dominant position or anti-competitive agreements/concerted practices;
- Representation of several international construction companies in multiple public tender procedures;
- Representation of energy, construction or bank clients in multiple ICC arbitrations;
- Representation of a real estate investor in two major disputes related to under development projects;
- Representation of a 5G equipment manufacturer in a 5G licensing dispute;
- Representation of several companies in labor disputes;
- Representation of a client in a litigation related to the legal effects of the Hague Convention rules in cases of in absentia
Clifford Chance has been present in Romania since 2006 and operates now as Clifford Chance Badea. The Bucharest office is fully integrated in the global network and is frequently involved in complex transactions such as syndicated loans, project finance, restructurings, Eurobonds and shares issues on international capital markets, derivatives, companies’ acquisitions by strategic investors or private equity funds, infrastructure and motorway projects, real estate investments etc., as well as domestic and international litigation and arbitration.