Tourist arrivals in Romania up 16 percent in 2011

Newsroom 02/02/2012 | 11:47

There were about 7 million tourist arrivals in Romania last year, up 16 percent in 2011 y-o-y, while overnight accommodations rose by 12.2 percent on the year according to the National Statistics Institute (INS).

Out of the total number of tourist arrivals, 78.4 percent were Romanian tourists and the remaining 21.6 percent were foreigners. The ration between the two is similar to the one reported in 2010.

Arrivals in hotels had a share of 76.7 out of the total figure, up 16.8 percent compared to 2010. 17.9 million overnight accommodations were registered in Romania last year out of which 17.1 percent were foreigners.

There were 7.6 million foreign tourist arrivals in Romania in2011 as register by the custom authorities, up 1.5 percent y-o-y while residents’ departures abroad amounted to 10.9 million, up 0.3 percent y-o-y.

Simona Bazavan

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: November 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The November 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Samsung Remains Top Consumer Tech Provider on Romanian Market.” Read
Newsroom | 29/11/2022 | 10:17

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue