On December 14, CARIERE Magazine organized the fifth edition of its annual Awards Gala at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Bucharest and has chosen its winners while celebrating excellence in entrepreneurship, innovation, leadership and inspiration.
Each year, the Gala brings together the elite of communities of entrepreneurs, managers, national and world-renowned specialists who contribute to a better image for Romania at a worldwide stage.
“For over 15 years the CARIERE brand has brought to the public’s attention and has rewarded personalities in the Romanian culture and sciences, as well as entrepreneurs and managers who constantly perform in the Romanian business environment. This year, as a preview of the celebration of the Centennial of the Great Unity, the CARIERE Gala rewards Romanians who inspire, ambassadors of arts, culture and science, who, through their performances, as well as through their civic attitude, stand for excellence in Romania.” said Daniela Palade-Teodorescu, editor in chief of CARIERE Magazine.
The winners of CARIERE Awards Gala 2017 are:
- Romanians from Afar – Dr. Adrian Lobonțiu (one of the pioneers and promoters of robotic and tele-satellite surgery, a reference in endo-gastric surgery in France and the United States). The trophy was handed by Florin Tataru, HR Director at Enel Romania.
- New Romania’s Leaders – Vlad Voiculescu (for the humanitarian programs MagiCAMP and MagicHOME, intended to support children with cancer and their families). The trophy was handed by Ana Maria Marian – General Director at Intermedicas.
- General Management – Bibiana Stanciulov (General Director of Sonimpex Serv Topoloveni, which produces the trademark “Magiun de prune de Topoloveni” from Argeş, a brand that has 103 years of existence on the Romanian market). The trophy was handed by Andrei Dunuta, co-founder at SELFTRUST Academy.
- Exclusively Romanian – Dana si Ion Georgescu, Moara de Hartie de la Comana (entrepreneurs who promote traditional Romanian crafts through workshops organized for children and adults). The trophy was handed by Elena Pap, General Director Up Romania.
- Founders of Dreams – Corina Puiu (co-founder and chief executive officer of Teach for Romania, a program through which poor communities benefit from teachers who help children enjoy school). The trophy was handed by Mioara Popescu, Executive President IDEA BANK.
- Career Leadership Award – Mircea Cartarescu (the most acclaimed Romanian writer abroad, poet, prose writer, essayist, literary and publicist critic, teacher and mentor of many generations of students). The trophy was handed by Raluca Ezaru, Corporate Communication Director, Telekom Romania.
The event was presented by Irina Păcurariu, programmaker at TVR.
The artistic moment was performed by the actress Oana Popa, who presented a lyrical moment entitled “100 Years – Modern Romania in lyrics”, with Emy Drăgoi‘s accordion musical interludes and visual performance “sand art” made by Mariana Pachis.