State elects PwC as consultant in Romtelecom stock exchange listing evaluation

Newsroom 07/12/2011 | 17:33

Pricewaterhousecoopers (PwC) was elected by the Romanian state, via the Ministry of Communications, as the consultant that will who will represent the state in the Romtelecom listing process, the ministry announced.

 Romtelecom is represented by the lawfirm Stoica si Asociatii and the Morgan Stanley Investment Bank.

 The consultant acting on behalf of the state will offer legal, economic and technical expertise, evaluating “the benefits of the proposed merger and listing on the stock exchange compared to other possible options in the case of Romtelecom.” See more on this isue here.

  The value of the contract is EUR 200,000 and the length of the contract is 6 months.

 The other contenders who submitted offers were KPMG Romania, and a consortium made up of Deloitte, Bostina and Asociatii and Reff & AsociaÈ�ii.

 PwC was selected as the winner after it totaled the highest score, with 96 points out of 100.

 Romtelecom is partly owned by the Greek Group OTE that holds a 54.01 percent stake, the remaining 45.99 percent of the shares being owned by the Romanian state, via the Ministry of Communications.
Otilia Haraga

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: November 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The November 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Samsung Remains Top Consumer Tech Provider on Romanian Market.” Read
Newsroom | 29/11/2022 | 10:17

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue