Employees in Romania will benefit from 11 free days out of a total of 14 legal holidays, Three of them, namely the first day of Easter and the first day of Pentecost fall as a rule on a Sunday, and December 1 will fall on a Saturday.
Free Legal Days in 2018:
– January 1 and 2, Monday and Tuesday
– January 24, Wednesday – Day of the Union of Romanian Principalities;
April 8 and 9, Sunday and Monday, first and second Easter Day;
– May 1, Tuesday, Labor Day
– June 1, Friday, Children’s Day
– 27 and 28 May, Sunday and Monday, First and Second Days of Pentecost;
– August 15, Wednesday, Assumption of the Virgin Mary;
– November 30, Friday – St. Apostle Andrew the First called, Protector of Romania;
– December 1st, Saturday;
– December 25 and 26, Tuesday and Wednesday, first and second Christmas days;
Romania’s Labor Code provides for two free days for each of the 3 annual religious holidays, declared by religious denominations other than Christian religious denominations, for persons belonging to them.