Follow our LIVE coverage below:
- The carriage pricession had ended. The newlyweds arrived to the Castle.
- The happy couple are being greeted by cheers and screams in Windsor.
- The new Duke and Duchess of Sussex are now off on their 25-minute journey through the streets of Windsor in an Ascot landau carriage.
- The national anthem’s been played and now Harry and Meghan are on their way out, smiling to guests. There are huge cheers as they emerge from St George’s Chapel into the sunshine. And they kiss for the expectant crowds.
- The wedding register is being signed as the cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason plays for the guests. Below he is playing No Woman No Cry (probably won’t be playing it today).
It’s official: Harry and Meghan are married. The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, proclaims them “husband and wife”.
- The ceremony has begun. Prince Harry was visibly nervous before Meghan arrived, but became calmer after she joined him. Meghan’s mother could hardly hold back her tears of joy throughout the ceremony.
- The bride is here! She’s wearing a dress by British designer Clare Waight Keller, the first female Artistic Director of Givenchy.
- The Duchess of Cambridge has also entered the chapel.
That’s no ordinary veil. Meghan “wanted all 53 countries of the Commonwealth with her on her journey through the ceremony” and so Waight Keller created a veil embroidered with the flora of each one. Each three-dimensional flower is unique and was embroidered on to the five-metre train by hand.
- Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip have arrived!
- Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived.
- Prince Harry and his best man, his brother William, have arrived at the Windsor Castle, in their military uniforms.
- Meghan Markle has left the hotel and is on the way to the chapel. She left the hotel about 20 minutes later than originally planned. The drive to the chapel should take about half an hour.
- Two of Harry’s ex-girlfriends are also attending the service. Cressida Bonas dated Harry between 2012 and 2014, while Chelsy Davy and the prince had an on-off relationship between 2004 and 2010.
- Other celebrities on the scene: Carey Mulligan, Tom Hardy, Joss Stone, Elton John, James Corden, Serena Williams, Marcus Mumford, Meghan’s former co-stars on “Suits”
- The Beckhams and the Clooneys have just arrived.
- Six hundred guests will watch the ceremony from inside the chapel, which is filling up quickly.
- Singer James Blunt has also arrived at Windsor Castle.
- Actor Idris Elba and American talk show host Oprah Winfrey, just behind him in the picture below, were among the first guests to arrive.
- Prince Harry’s uncle, Earl Spencer, and his wife, Countess Spencer, have arrived to take their seats for the ceremony.
- Everyone is talking about Meghan’s dress: What will it look like? Who designed it? Will it be traditional or is she going to make a statement with her dress?
- Meghan has already made some bold choices for the wedding: she will not promise to “obey” her husband in her vows, the service will include a gospel choir and she will walk alone for most of the length of the aisle, with the exception of a part where she will be joined by Prince Charles, as her father could not attend the wedding due to ill health.
- Guests started to arrive after 10 am (UK time): the royal couple has invited 1,200 members of the public to the grounds of Windsor Castle. Among them are charity workers, school children, royal household members and Windsor residents.
- As tradition dictates, Meghan and Harry spent the night before their wedding apart. The bride was staying with her mother, Doria Ragland, at the Cliveden House Hotel, near Taplow. The groom and best man, Prince William, were at the Coworth Park Hotel in Ascot.
- Many camped out last night to secure the best spots for watching the procession