Technology enthusiasts are expected on June 9 to take part in the third edition of the event DevTalks Bucharest. This year’s event will be held at Romexpo, pavilions C1 and C2, where over 1000 IT professionals will attend. DevTalks Bucharest is a benchmark project for the IT industry, an event that brings together leaders from the IT community, innovation and fun, the key ingredients to explore trends in Web, Mobile, BigData, Cloud Computing, Smart Devices, machine learning, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality or Artificial Intelligence.
This year’s edition is built around 5 main interest areas, with the purpose of creating a suitable networking and sharing setting, where IT professionals can exchange information and discover the latest trends in technology:
- Exhibition area – where companies’ representatives can interact with the participants, present their product portfolios, latest projects and their development plans. Some of the companies which confirmed their presence are: IBM, ING Bank, eMAG, Vodafone Shared Services România, Accenture, Ubisoft România, Ymens, DB Global Technology, Bol.com, Optaros, AdsWizz, Axway, Stefanini România, Intralinks, Orange, EveryMatrix, Endava, Luxoft România, DRÄXLMAIER Group, Anritsu.
- Networking area – a space designed for the interaction between participants and professionals who share the same interests. This setting allows all speakers and participants to share their experience. The online interaction will be made available through the application MyCONNECTOR which allows the one-on-one connection.
- Fun area – offers the participants the opportunity to test the latest gadgets and smart devices. This area is supported by the company eMAG, DevTalks Bucharest Partner. Some of the gadgets that can be tested during the event are:
- BB-8 by Sphero: a replica of the robot BB-8 from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which can move the same way as it does the movie, controlled through the phone or tablet;
- Lego Mindstorms EV3 – robots that combine the versatility of the LEGO building systems with the most advanced technology ever developed;
- Ninebot – the future of urban transport, 100% eco-friendly. Ninebot represents the next generation of personal transport. Basically, it is a futurist robot, designed as a scooter;
- The SCIO device – a molecular scanner. This small scanner signals the chemical composition of food, indicating the additives for example, or the components of certain materials and surfaces;
- VR Glasses – available for the participants to experience virtual reality through multiple applications developed and presented at DevTalks Bucharest.
- Live Demos. This area provides the companies with the opportunity to offer live demonstrations at their booths and the participants with the possibility of “live” interaction with the companies’ products and projects.
- The Start-ups area is the novelty of this years’ edition. It has been created and developed with the help of the Impact HUB community and aims to facilitate the interaction between entrepreneurs and participants or potential investors. This area provides awareness to business ideas, ambitious projects and innovative ideas. A hub from Varna, Bulgaria will take part in the event – Beehive, which will introduce Start-ups from Bulgaria on the DevTalks Stage. They will share with the Romanian community their experience, ideas and business evolution.
Besides the 5 areas, this year’s edition will feature 4 stages for the content sessions, which will bring added value through the quality of the information presented by the local and international speakers. The 4 stages are as following:
- Transition to 2020 – it is the main stage of this year’s edition, and its sessions are related to the technological transition to 2020, including sessions from areas such as Internet of Things, Smart Devices, Wearables, AI&Machine Learning.
- Mobile Stage, where the latest technologies in mobile development for iOS, Android and Windows Phone will be presented, along with the possible challenges the mobile developers could encounter in this area;
- Web Stage, where the topics discussed will be related to web development and choosing the most suitable technologies and platforms for an immersive experience for users;
- The Infrastructure of the Internet stage, where topics related to BigData and Cloud will be debated, the connection between these two and the way this technology facilitates the software industry;
DevTalks represents a source of innovative ideas in the IT industry, where participants can meet renowned experts from the local and international community. More details about the registration and event agenda can be found on www.devtalks.ro or on the dedicated section on www.hipo.ro Companies wishing to attend the event can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .