As the 12th edition of Business Review Awards Gala, BR magazine’s flagship event that recognizes the outstanding achievements of the business community, will take place on February 27, we want to put the spotlight on the 10 categories and finalists that were selected by the independent jury for their exceptional activity in 2016.
For BR Awards 2017, the jury looked at over 100 nominees and selected 43 companies, entrepreneurs and executives that will compete for a trophy.
The Best Start-up Supporter category awards companies that have undertaken projects meant to support the activity and development of start-ups by providing access to resources and services that promote their growth.
The story of BT – the winner of the previous edition
Last year, Banca Transilvania was awarded for its “BT Club – Clubul Intreprinzatorului Roman” program – the initiative that aims to promote entrepreneurship in Romania. The lender has continued last year to organize workshops and seminars in the field of financial education. In the same time, the BT became the second biggest lender on the local maket, based on assets value.
In 2016, BT granted 16,000 new loans in the SMEs sector.
The finalists were selected by an independent jury based on the following criteria:
To what extent does the project/service support the activity of start-ups. The added value for the entrepreneur
Number of start-ups/ individuals supported
Resources and strategy employed to support start-up activity (infrastructure, consultancy services)
The easiness to access the solution/service/product for start-ups
The finalists of this category are:
Bucharest Stock Excange for AeRO market
Chivas Regal for The Venture challenge
Impact Hub & ING Bank for Startarium
Spherik Accelerator for Accelerator Program
Tech Lounge for Innovation Labs
The jurors of BR Awards 2017
- Anca Rarau – Marketing Director, BCR
- Cosmin Alexandru – Transformation Partner, Wanted Transformation/Entrepreneurship Academy
- Istvan Kocsolade – Manager, Accenture Management Consulting
- Joshua Burke – Commercial Attaché & Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, US Embassy Bucharest
- Marius Ghenea – Investment Director, 3TS Capital
- Matteo Patrone – Director for Romania, EBRD
- Oana Bulexa – Managing Director, The Practice
- Oana Craioveanu – CoFounder, Impact Hub
- Silviu Stoica – Partner, Popovici Nitu Stoica si Asociatii
- Sotiris Chatzidakis – Executive Vice President, CEO Clubs