The American Chamber of Commerce in Romania (AmCham Romania) announced today the new board of directors elected as a result of the March 30, 2016 annual general meeting.
The board will be headed by Ionut Simion (pictured), country managing partner of PwC Romania, as president.
The rest of the board consists of:
- – Kostas Loukas, general manager Microsoft Romania – vice-president
- – Radu Florescu, CEO Centrade | Cheil – vice-president
- – Madeline Alexander, audit partner Deloitte & EU Romania account leader – treasurer
- – Catalin Velescu, General Manager 3M Romania
- – Cristian Colteanu, President & CEO for Romania, Bulgaria & Moldova, GE International
- – Cristian Agalopol, Vice-president, DCC Head Citibank Romania & Bulgaria
- – Jaak Mikkel, General Manager Coca-Cola HBC
- – Anda Todor, Managing Partner Dentons
- – Bogdan Ion, Country Managing Partner EY Romania
- – Dan Bulucea, Country Director Google
“I am honored to take over the leadership of an organization that has proven over the time its maturity and responsibility in shaping a strategic direction for Romania’s economic development, promoting in an open and practical manner to the highest level of the Romanian authorities the priorities of the business environment in Romania, in view of facilitating a better understanding and identification of workable and transparent solutions for a more competitive Romania. AmCham Romania will take over the secretariat of the Coalition for the Development of Romania starting with July 1, 2016, so we are getting ready to have a specific agenda with priorities and measures, to be addressed by decision makers, in order to strengthen the sustainable growth of the Romanian business climate,” stated the new AmCham Romania president.
The AmCham is a business association in Romania founded in 1993 and presently having about 400 members – U.S., international and local companies, with total investments worth over USD 20 billion and generating approximately 250,000 jobs.