World Bank Group President David Malpass to Visit Romania

Deniza Cristian 08/04/2022 | 11:48

World Bank Group President David Malpass will arrive in Bucharest on Wednesday, April 13, 2022, for a two-day visit.

 

This will be Mr. Malpass’ first trip to Romania as World Bank Group President. The visit reaffirms the World Bank Group’s commitment to partnering with Romania in support of sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity.

“The World Bank Group has a strong partnership with Romania. We are committed to support further progress in Romania toward growth that builds on macroeconomic stability, inclusion, and strong institutions,” said World Bank Group President David Malpass. “In these turbulent times in the region, we are ready to support Romania as it hosts refugees fleeing from Ukraine and work with the authorities to improve living standards for all Romanians.”

During his trip, David Malpass will meet with the authorities and partners of the World Bank Group in Romania. Mr. Malpass will have the opportunity to visit a World Bank-supported project in the education sector with a focus on supporting the Roma population.

Joining Mr. Malpass on his visit will be Anna Bjerde, World Bank Vice President for Europe and Central Asia, Gallina A. Vincelette, World Bank Country Director for the European Union, and Ary Naim, IFC Regional Manager, Central and Southeast Europe.

The World Bank’s active portfolio in Romania is composed of 9 investment projects totaling US$1.78 billion, and Advisory Services and Analytics tasks amounting to US$124.62 million. As of February 15, IFC’s committed portfolio was $1.04 billion in over 30 projects, of which 55 percent represented investments in financial institutions, and the remaining 45 percent in the real sector. IFC’s outstanding portfolio stands at $954.48 million and its committed own account portfolio in Romania ranks 1st in the newly created IFC Europe region.

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: June 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The June 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Hagag Development Europe: The Philosophy of Perfection in
Deniza Cristian | 20/06/2022 | 13:44

You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu

Close ×

We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

Accept & continue