The National Agency for Fiscal Administration (ANAF) announced fiscal measures that will be taken during the period in which Romania is in a state of emergency. The state of emergency was declared today and it will last for 30 days.
During this period, given the difficult economic context caused by the spread of the infection with COVID-19 virus, the National Agency for Fiscal Administration has prepared a series of measures to support the business environment, the most important being:
- the suspension or, as the case may be, the non-commencement of the forced execution of the budgetary debts; in this respect, no more orders, appropriations on the money availability and follow-up income will be issued and seizures will no longer be established on the goods. Exceptions are the sums from the judgments given in criminal matters:
- VAT refund, during March, for all settled settlements and for which up-to-date reimbursement decisions have been issued;
- implementing a new VAT reimbursement mechanism, aimed to increase the speed of settling the payments, starting with April 1, 2020;
- suspension of fiscal control actions (tax inspections, anti-fraud controls), except for the checks that can be carried out remotely, as well as cases of tax evasion, where there are indications in this regard;
- suspension of anti-fraud actions regarding Filter II and of the specific activities in the Border Crossing Points with Hungary and Bulgaria.
The measures will be applied both during the period in which Romania is declared a state of emergency, and for a period of 30 days from the end of this state.
At the same time, the deadline for filing tax returns of March 25, 2020, is postponed for April 25, 2020.