Starting this month, ING customers can close their personal loans 100% online through full advance repayment. Therefore, the bank offers an end-to-end online process, where customers have complete control over the opening, payments management and the closing of a personal loan directly from ING Home’Bank, regardless if they obtained it via the ING Office network or the internet and mobile banking app.
Roxana Cristea, Lending Tribe Lead, ING Bank Romania: “On average, our customers access around 5,000 personal loans per month in ING Home’Bank, and approx. 2 out of 10 Romanians access a personal loan through ING. Each functionality we choose to develop in Home’Bank gives the customer the tools he needs to manage his money easily, by himself, investing time only for the things that are important to him, not for trips to the bank. Closing personal loans online is another step in this direction, towards an even more independent customer, more in control of his finances.”
The repayment and closure process takes a few minutes, can be done from any device, laptop, desktop, or smartphone, and saves customers the time and effort of going to a physical location in the ING Office network. The steps customers need to follow in ING Home’Bank are:
- Access the close personal loan option from the Portfolio menu -> Loans menu -> Personal loan -> More -> Close loan.
- Go through the information on the amount required to fully repay the loan and Continue.
- Check the total amount to be repaid, the account from which the money is to be transferred and the Terms and Conditions for closing the loan.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and Continue.
- After reviewing the summary, validate the transaction and Continue.
After completing these steps, customers will be shown a confirmation screen in the app. Shortly, they will also receive an email with a PDF document confirming the closure of the personal loan and information regarding the insurance attached to the loan.