“Is it more significant in the current Romanian business context to reward and encourage local entrepreneurs and SMEs or to recognize the contribution of big companies and corporations?” – that was one of the questions posed by the members of Business Review Awards’ Jury at their first meeting, held on January 28th.
A possible answer comes from the categories proposed by the Business Review team, a total of 14, at the 14th edition of the Awards Gala. Their target and judging criteria hint at the fact that a healthy economy must include both segments addressed in the debate.
One of the new categories, Business Leader of the Year, now has two directions: Best CEO of SMEs and Best CEO of companies, which introduce a clear differentiation, while applauding both.
The judging process remains the same, based on the background and professionalism of carefully chosen independent Jury Members who share their insights on the market and use their vast experience to nominate and then assess all nominations submitted by candidates. More about the procedures here.
The members of the Jury at this year’s edition are:
- Ilinca Păun, CEO The Entrepreneurship Academy
- Oana Gheorghiu and Carmen Uscatu, Co-founders ”Dăruiește Viață”
- Dan Balotescu, Managing Partner Media Investments
- Horațiu Florescu, CEO Knight Frank Romania
- Florian Nițu, Managing Partner, Popovici Nițu Stoica & Asociații
- Cristian Nacu, Senior Country Officer, International Finance Corporation
- Franz Weiler, CEO, Uniqua Asigurări and President of the Foreign Investors Council
- Dragoș Tuță, Founder & General Manager The CSR Agency
- Șerban Roman, Vice President, Country Director Romania, Entreprise Investors
- Dragoș Gheban, Managing Partner, Catalyst Solutions
As the only Gala where laureates are solely chosen on the basis of close analysis and ample forms filled-in by the candidates, Business Review Awards is the spearhead event that celebrates the business heroes of the previous year. Nominations are open until February 15!