The major online recruitment platforms in Romania have announced that most companies will maintain, in 2022, the extra-salary benefits offered to employees, to ensure their loyalty and motivation. Businesses will even extend their options from meal, gift, holiday, and culture vouchers (the most desired extra-salary benefits by employers and employees) to flexible benefits.
Up Romania, a company specialized in creating modern payment and cost optimization solutions for companies, employees, and merchants, and offering a variety of extra-salary benefits, continues to accelerate its digital transformation, investing in new technologies that can improve the experience of companies and the recipients of electronic tickets (cards). Recent legislative changes mandate that, starting with February 1, 2022, meal, gift, holiday, and culture vouchers be granted exclusively on electronic media (cards), which will obviously contribute to accelerating the digitalization of products in the category of extra-salary benefits.
A variety of extracurricular benefits and the need for digital transformation
Employees are increasingly difficult to motivate by companies, and salaries are no longer considered the ultimate argument. This is shown by studies recently launched by the largest online recruitment platforms in Romania – BestJobs and eJobs, which reconfirm the tendency of Romanians to easily migrate from one company to another in search of professional fulfillment and an attractive work environment.
HR strategies have adapted over time, and many companies have realized that in order to keep their people close they need to continue to give them extra-salary benefits or, as the case may be, start doing so. The good news, eJobs tells us, is that, despite the difficulties brought about by the pandemic, 87% of Romanian companies still offer extra-salary benefits, from meal vouchers (20%), Christmas bonuses (28%), the 13th salary and performance bonuses (15%) and up to private medical care or private insurance packages. In companies with larger budgets (on average 100-150 euros / month / employee), employees receive flexible budgets and can access platforms such as Up MultiBeneficii.
Up MultiBeneficii is an online platform, developed by Up Romania, through which companies can offer employees the opportunity to decide how to use funds they receive monthly or annually from their employers.
What do many of these benefits have in common? They increase employee motivation and purchasing power, providing tax benefits to companies that use such tools in employee loyalty programs. Digitalization also brings the need for easy management of extra-salary benefits by both those who provide them (employers) and those who use them (employees).
“The digitization of extra-salary benefits is a natural phenomenon, and the pandemic context, in which many employees now work from home and demand more flexibility, has contributed to increased interest in electronic vouchers (cards) and increased interest in flexible benefits platforms, such as Up MultiBeneficii. Up Romania has invested in digitalization and in the development of self-service solutions both so that companies can manage, order and view online the benefits granted to employees through uponline.ro, and so that beneficiaries can check their balance, access special offers through the Up Mobil application or, in the case of Up MultiBeneficii, can choose which benefits – fixed and / or flexible – to redirect the budgets they receive monthly from their employers. For us, digitalization remains at the heart of our development strategies in 2022”, mentions Elena Pap, regional director of Up Group.
The integrated digital ecosystem for managing extra-salary benefits
Up Romania, through its platforms and applications, provides 100% digital services to Romanian employers and employees.
Services for employers:
- Access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to the uponline.ro order management platform;
- E-invoice and the possibility to sign the contract electronically;
- Specialized advice provided by dedicated consultants always ready to provide information on the benefits of granting tickets electronically;
- personal account on the uponline.ro platform that provides fast and real-time information on the balance, transactions, card activation or blocking and the possibility, in the case of Up MultiBeneficii, to choose the desired extra-salary benefits;
- the modern Up Mobil application, available for free (on Google Play and App Store), through which beneficiaries have the possibility to check their balance, view transactions and supplies history, find out information on the availability period of their balance; the possibility of activating, locking and unlocking their card; PIN reminder, special offers and the possibility of enrolling cards in the Apple or Google wallet;
- the possibility to interact with the virtual assistant “Victor”. Based on artificial intelligence, the virtual assistant can interact with its audience through open-ended questions. Thus, by processing natural language, Victor is able to learn from its conversations the beneficiaries of Up Romania cards, in order to give them complex answers. For specific needs, users will be able to start a conversation directly from the company’s platforms, with topic suggestions from Victor.