2021 from a recruitment robot’s perspective

Mihai-Alexandru Cristea 13/01/2022 | 15:56

A new pandemic year in review. How different was pandemic year number 2 compared to the very first one? A good summary for it would be: more movement and desire for change. The results summarize the data gathered by HappyRecruiter with the help of Dora, the Recruitment Robot from January to December 2021 in 12 countries, 316 cities, and 134 professions.


Most wanted jobs by Romanian candidates in 2021

In terms of the demand and supply of jobs available on the market in 2021, a balance could be noticed in some sectors.

The most sought-after jobs in 2021 were: 32,88% in Industry, 31,16%  in Retail, 17,81% in Transport and Logistics, and 12,78%  in Office sector.

The cities in Romania with the most vacancies in 2021 were: Timișoara 14.94%, Bucharest 12.51%, Cluj-Napoca 8.79%, Oradea 4.22% and Brașov 3.79%.


Employers were more flexible in 2021 than in previous years

Employers have been much more flexible in 2021 than in the previous years. If in previous years the main reason for rejection was the lack of experience in the field, it can now be seen that this criterion is no longer an elimination one in many cases.

In the absence of a workforce, employers have become more flexible, choosing candidates based on their potential. Among the reasons for rejection of employers, we would like to mention: candidates did not agree with the salary package – 11.63%, did not have the necessary experience – 3.70%, did not show up for the interview – 2.83%, could not start work on the date desired by the employer 2.33 %.

At the same time, among the reasons why people withdrew their application for jobs, we want to mention: candidates did not agree on work schedule 17.80%, salary package 15.06% and the job location 12.39%.


How can a robot be part of a recruitment process? Simple. The purpose of a chatbot is to filter the candidates through their first online interview, whilst the recruiters have the freedom to set the questions that the robot will later ask the candidates.

A person can thus go through a first interview at any time, from any location, eliminating the nervousness of the first interview. Some examples of questions the robot has asked: Have you ever worked with APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 8D, MSA ?; Are you familiar with terms like P.O.F.M or OOH ?; This job involves a work schedule between 5pm and 9pm, Monday to Friday. Can you work during this time?


Over 29 million people reached by Dora the Recruitment Robot in 2021

A summary of the year 2021: 3,024 campaigns created on social media, 29,511,131 candidates reached by Dora online and through social media, 60,589 interviews with Dora the Recruitment Robot, and 6,224 hours of work saved by recruiters, eliminating the stressful and repetitive tasks.

57.25% of the candidates were found by Dora through social media campaigns, and the remaining 42.75% of the companies’ databases and Dora’s network. An interview with Dora the Recruiting Robot, takes an average of 5 minutes.


HappyRecruiter is a digital recruitment platform that reaches potential candidates with the help of the Dora recruitment robot. Local customers include Continental, REWE, Digital Talent Hunters, Accent,  GI Group, Lugera, McDonald’s, KFC Romania and others. Happy Recruiter is part of the House of HR Group, an active leader in the world of human resources.

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: December 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The December 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Xclusiverse: Going Beyond the Traditional Ways of Doing Business.”
Mihai-Alexandru Cristea | 19/12/2022 | 18:45

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue