Private pension funds invest EUR 820 mln in BVB-listed companies

Newsroom 04/05/2015 | 18:01

Private pension funds had at the end of the first quarter approximately EUR 820 million in the shares of 35 Romanian companies listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (BVB). At the end of last year they stood at EUR 753 million, with investments in the financial, energy and pharma sectors, according to Mediafax.

Late last year, the mandatory and optional private pension funds had investments worth RON 639.1 million (EUR 145 million) in Fondul Proprietatea shares, RON 497.3 million (EUR 112.5 million) at Romgaz, RON 430.2 million (EUR 97.3 million) at Banca Transilvania, RON 354.5 million (EUR 80.2 million) – OMV Petrom and RON 278.7 million (EUR 63 million) at Electrica, according to the Association for the Privately Administered Pensions in Romania (APAPR).

BVB’s investment ranking is complemented by Transgaz, with RON 261.1 million (EUR 59 million), Transelectrica – RON 170.2 million (EUR 38.5 million), BRD – RON 169.3 million (EUR 38.3 million), SIF Oltenia – RON 144.1 million (EUR 32.6 million) and SIF Modova – RON 78 million (EUR 17.6 million).

Fondul Proprietatea, Romgaz, Banca Transilvania, OMV Petrom, Electrica, Transelectrica and Transgaz shares can be found in the portfolios of the 17 pension funds, namely seven mandatory and ten optional funds.

At the end of 2013, BVB investments were worthing EUR 426 million, after the previous year they had been amounting to EUR 200 million, increasing by over four times up to now.

Private pension funds serve about 6.5 million Romanian employees. They currently invest about 20 percent of assets, nearing EUR 5 billion in listed shares, about 85 percent of them being Romanian shares from BVB and the rest of 15 percent foreign securities from different EU markets.

Staff

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: October 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The October 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Globalworth Successfully Addressing Market Challenges From a Position
Newsroom | 26/10/2022 | 17:53

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue