F64 starts selling smartphones and tablets

Newsroom 15/10/2013 | 15:04

Photo equipment retailer F64 announced that it will be introducing smartphones and tablets in its offer, on a contracting market that had shrunk by 2 percent at the end of the first half of the year, announced Marian Alecsiu, associate founder of F64, during a meeting with the press.

“We have already started discussions with operators on the market and are currently in the stage of signing contracts,” he said.

“If we look at the photo equipment market strictly from the point of view of the units, this is contracting, not like we were used to in late years. We are trying to add to our portfolio products that are related to photography because we have noticed that clients are migrating from entry-level cameras to smartphones. Smarthones are replacing compact cameras on the market,” said Alecsiu.

Last year, F64 posted a turnover of EUR 18 million and marks 12 years of presence on the Romanian market. The photo segment represented 80 percent of the sales, while the remaining 20 percent came from video sales, according to Alecsiu. The company official said the offline and online channels complete each other and bring an approximately equal share of the revenues.

“For this year, we are hoping to achieve a 10 percent growth,” said Alecsiu.

F64 planned to open working points across the country, but has not managed to do so, because it did not have the resources on a shrinking market. Brasov, Cluj, Timisoara and Iasi were high on the list of cities where the company wanted to establish points of presence.

“The mirrorless is the only sector on the photo market that is growing. It is unlikely that the mirrorless will reach the level of the DSLR earlier than 2-3 years. From the point of view of the DSLR market, this has stabilized,” said Alecsiu.

The company is actively preparing for Black Friday, when Alecsiu hopes it will have equal results as last year.

Otilia Haraga


BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: November 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The November 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Samsung Remains Top Consumer Tech Provider on Romanian Market.” Read
Newsroom | 29/11/2022 | 10:17

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue