Biggest deals of 2015 in Romania | Aeronautical & Transportation

Newsroom 17/03/2016 | 12:56

Here are the main deals in the aeronautical and transportation sectors that were registered last year. For a forecast regarding the M&A market this year, you can read this exclusive article.

 

AERONAUTICAL

  • Transaction: GKN plc buys Fokker Technologies Group BV from Arle Capital

Value of transaction: EUR 706 million (enterprise value) from which EUR 500 million – net cash payable to Arle Capital

Legal team buyer: Țuca Zbârcea & Asociații, acting for GKN plc, together with Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP

Legal team seller: N/A

Description: In July 2015, GKN plc announced that it has agreed to acquire Fokker Technologies Group B.V, from Arle Capital for an enterprise value of EUR 706 million. The acquisition was completed in October 2015. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Fokker operates facilities in Romania, the Netherlands, Turkey, Canada, Mexico, USA, China, India and Singapore, and employs approximately 4,900 people.

 

TRANSPORTATION

  • Transaction: Hoedlmayr International AG buys 49 percent stake in the joint venture Hoedlmayr-Lazar Romania S.R.L. by International Lazar Company

Value of transaction: EUR 4.4 million

Legal team buyer: Wolf Theiss (for Hoedlmayr International AG)

Legal team seller: Local advisors (for S.C. International Lazar Company SRL)

Description: Hoedlmayr has been active on the Romanian market since 2001 through a joint venture with International Lazar Company. Hoedlmayr-Lazar Romania soon became a domestic market leader in transportation and logistics services and is currently holding a significant market share in the Romanian vehicles transportation market. 80 percent of the transports operated by Hoedlmayr- Lazar Romania S.R.L. are international transports, with domestic transports accounting for the remaining 20 percent. Following the deal, Hoedlmayr International AG became sole shareholder of the Romanian transport company.

 

Note: The transactions listed in this article represent are compiled based on information provided by local law firms and consultancies. The article is not a comprehensive report on the Romanian M&A market.

BR Magazine | Latest Issue

Download PDF or read online: December 2022 Issue | Business Review Magazine

The December 2022 issue of Business Review Magazine is now available in digital format, featuring the main cover story titled “Xclusiverse: Going Beyond the Traditional Ways of Doing Business.”
Newsroom | 19/12/2022 | 18:45

    You will receive a download link for the latest issue of Business Review Magazine in PDF format, based on the completion of the form below.

    I agree with the Privacy policy of business-review.eu
    I agree with the storage and handling of my data by business-review.eu
    Advertisement Advertisement
    Close ×

    We use cookies for keeping our website reliable and secure, personalising content and ads, providing social media features and to analyse how our website is used.

    Accept & continue