Day 1, October 31, Titulescu Hall, Pavilion H
14.00 – 16.30 Session on Mutual Funds
• How will agriculture mutual funds work? Who can join and what conditions must farmers meet? Will the creation of agriculture mutual funds work in conjuction with local insurance companies?
• Costs & benefits of PRO AGRO Mutual Fund. How much will farmers contribute to the fund and how will the compensation system work?
• Experience of other EU countries: Fond National Agricole de Mutualisation Sanitaire et Environnementale (F.M.S.E)
• Will the creation of agriculture mutual funds give farmers better access to bank loans?
• What risk management tools are available to Romanian farmers and how popular are they? What other loan options are available?
|Alex Jurconi, President, National Federation Pro Agro – PRESENTATION|
|Joel Limouzin , President, FRSEA Pays de la Loire farmers’ union – PRESENTATION|
|Veronica Toncea, President, FGCR (Rural Credit Guarantee Fund) – PRESENTATION|
|Viorel Marin, President, ANAMOB (The Romanian National Association of Flour Milling and Baking Industries)|
|Adrian Raducan, Department Manager, Structural Funds Department, Corporate Products and Know-How Management Area, Corporate Business Division, Raiffeisen Bank S.A.|
|Bogdan Parvu, General Director, Fata Insurance – PRESENTATION|
|Moderator: Ionel Danca, TV producer|
Day 2, November 1, Madgearu Hall, Pavilion H
9:30 – 10:00 Registration & Welcome Coffee
10.00 – 12.00 1st Session
•Romania’s strategy for the agriculture sector for 2014 – 2020. Business opportunities that the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development should consider for maximum impact
• What’s new for subsidies? Romanian farmers will cash in higher subsidies in the coming years but by how much and will some farmers receive more than others? What new developments does the CAP reform bring?
• Tax evasion. Agriculture and the food industry remain some of the sectors with the highest levels of tax evasion. Will measures such as the VAT cut for bread help and should this be replicated in other sectors?
• What measures are Romanian farmers calling for? Opportunities and challenges 2014-2020
|Achim Irimescu, State Secretary, MADR|
|Alex Jurconi, President, National Federation Pro Agro|
|Adrian Radulescu, Presidential counselor on agriculture|
|Nicolae Popa, Deputy General Director of the Agency for Payments for Rural Development and Fishing|
|Emilian Dobrescu,President of Romanian Sugar Association|
|Nadia Crisan, Managing Director, McGuireWoods Consulting Romania|
|Moderator: Ionel Danca, TV producer|
12.00 – 12.30 Coffee Break
12.30 – 14.30 2nd Session
• Financing and microfinancing options. What are the loan and leasing products available and what are the conditions that must be met.
• Sub-sectorial development. As part of the future CAP, Romania will be able to attract EU funds for up to three sub-sectorial restructuring programs. What will these programs focus on and what business opportunities will this create?
• The benefits of associations. What legislative and fiscal measures are needed to support associations. The role of agricultural chambers. Case studies
• Foreign investors and local agri-business success stories in agriculture
|Dan Bota, Head of Retail Business Unit and Network, Intesa Sanpaolo Bank Romania|
|Bibiana Stanciulov, General Director, Sonimpex|
|George Stanson, Business Manager Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Case IH&Steyer Balkans|
|Camelia Sucu, Owner, Piata de Gros – ABUNDIA|
|Florentin Bercu, Executive Director, National Federation Pro Agro|
|Dragos Dima, Country Representative, Asociatia Donau Soja – PRESENTATION|
|Moderator: Stefan Padure,Executive Director, Romanian Meat Association, (ARC), President of APAR|
14.30 Networking Lunch