On 8 June 2022 the event “The easybox effect” – the solution of the future in courier services – took place. The event was attended by representatives of online shops, integrators and developers, partners and the most important players in the e-commerce and courier ecosystem, with news on industry trends, customer expectations and last-mile experiences. In addition, an easybox ambassador awards gala took place.
Speakers at the event were: Lucian Baltaru – CEO & Founder Sameday, Andrei Radu – CEO & Founder GPeC, Tudor Manea – CEO eMag, Dragoș Bărbulescu CTO Sameday, Elena Gheorghe – Country Manager PayU Romania, Arthur Rădulescu – CEO & Founder MerchantPro, Cristi Movilă – Eastern Europe General Manager & EMEA Sales VP Vtex, Alex Domșa – Research & Development Director
“We aim to become an enabler for the growth of ecommerce in Romania but also in the region with easybox, which is a revolutionary delivery service in many ways. We are talking about cost efficiency and more orders for online shops, but also about the benefits it has for the end consumer, being a flexible service. The customer can pick up their parcels at any time of the day, providing an efficient alternative to traditional door-to-door delivery. In addition, easybox lockers are sustainable, helping to reduce the carbon emissions caused by courier fleets.” – said Lucian Baltaru CEO and founder of Sameday
E-commerce is the most dynamic industry in recent years and the context is favourable for the continued development of this sector. The event presented the latest trends in the sector, linked to consumer needs and new technologies.
The easybox effect: over 60% of consumers prefer shops with easybox delivery easybox is the fastest growing delivery method for online consumers in Romania. easybox delivery has changed the paradigm in the courier industry, in the last mile of Europe and globally.
The easybox service has become a new delivery standard in Romania for online shops, and the adoption of this service is reflected in the significant increase in volumes at easybox. More than 60% of consumers prefer shops with easybox delivery, and more than 81% of consumers have tested and prefer this service because of its flexibility (orders can be picked up anytime, within 36 to 72 hours, and more than 35% of consumers prefer to pick up orders at night).
Sameday announced during the event the installation of locker 3000, which was located in Sibiu, Autogarii street, number 8.
E-commerce trends include the following:
· Adoption of the easybox service has reached 50% for certain ecommerce verticals and represents the new delivery standard in Romania.
· The share of online consumers in total internet users could increase from 45% to 55% this year.
· Online retail as a share of total retail sector could increase to 12-13% from ~9%.
· Under the concept “easybox for everyone”, Sameday announces new solutions to accommodate easybox in online shopping platforms and plugins for easy integration of the service for platforms like Magento, Opencart, Weecommerce, Presta but also for custom platforms.
· In countries such as Sweden and Finland the take-up of fixed-point delivery services has reached 90% and in Poland 45%.
In addition, at the event, Sameday announced that as part of its strategy to support the industry, starting June 15, it will provide customers with a calendar of workshops where they will learn how to integrate new digital solutions into their online stores.