The Romanian subsidiary of the Eglo Leuchten Austria group, one of the largest lighting manufacturers in the world, celebrates 25 years of activity on the local market with over 10 million EUR invested in the development of its own showroom network, employees, partner stores and its own online platform.
“With a turnover of EUR 5.9 million last year, our medium-term plan is to open our own stores in all cities where population exceeds 200,000 people, given a growing appetite for quality interior design products on the Romanian market.”, says Cătălin Dumitrașcu, General Manager, Eglo România.
In the context of the work from home system over the last year and the maintenance of a medium-term hybrid system, Eglo specialists estimate a 15% increase for office lighting fixtures. Last year, the company has invested in the digitization and improvement of the online platform, which now allows the delivery throughout the country. Online sales increased by 200% in the last year, from April 2020 to April 2021, and maintain their upward trend.
With the launch of the EGLO Professional range internationally, the company intends to approach the Business-to-Business segment with customized solutions that combine high quality design and functionality. “We can serve the developers of logistics parks with industrial lighting solutions for warehouses, as well as investors in office or retail projects with spectacular interior and exterior lighting solutions, respecting the best design requirements”, says Cătălin Dumitrașcu.
SHORT HISTORY OF EGLO ROMANIA’S EVOLUTION:
- 1996 – Establishment of the company EGLO Romania Prodexim SRL
- 1996 – 2021 continuous development of collaboration with local partners, DIY store networks (Hornbach, Leroy Merlin) and furniture and decoration stores (XXL Lutz, Casa Rusu, Kalenda)
- 2008 – inauguration of own headquarters in Măgurele, Ilfov: offices & showroom of 1,4000 sqm, warehouse of 3,300 sqm, built on a plot of 9,000 sqm.
- 2016 – inauguration of the Cluj-Napoca showroom, surface of 500 sqm.
- 2017 – inauguration of the Timișoara showroom, surface of 420 sqm.
- 2018 – inauguration of the Constanța showroom, surface of 500 sqm.
- 2018 – inauguration of the Afumați showroom, Ilfov, surface of 850 sqm.
- 2019 – launching its own online store: egloromania.ro
- 2019 – inauguration of the first Shop-in-Shop in Brașov. This concept was later implemented in the partner stores in Râmnicu Vâlcea, Slatina, Oradea, Suceava and Galați.
- 2020 – inauguration of the Sibiu showroom, surface of 180 sqm.