Prime Kapital sale of the real estate portfolio to MAS Real Estate for EUR 112.97 million was advised by RTPR Allen & Overy. The portfolio consists of nine retail centres with a total surface of 67,959 square meters which are located throughout the country: Roman, Baia Mare, Slobozia, Focsani, Ramnicu Sarat, Targu Secuiesc, Fagaras, Gheorgheni, Sebes.
A mixed team of lawyers specialised in M&A and financing projects assisted Prime Kapital on this deal and included Mihai Ristici (partner), Andrei Mihul (managing associate), Marina Giurgica (junior associate) – on M&A matters, Alexandru Retevoescu (partner), Andreea Burtoiu (Counsel) and Lia Ilie (Junior Associate) – on financing matters, with support from other departments such as real estate or corporate.
“We are pleased to have had another very successful collaboration with RTPR Allen & Overy and look forward to continuing this in the future. The effective combination of their first class legal skills and their commercial understanding of the project, combined with their flexibility and total commitment to the matter, were essential in getting this transaction done on a challenging timeline and is very much appreciated,” declared Dewald Joubert, partner at Prime Kapital.
“We are grateful for the opportunity to be part of this successful deal, probably the largest real estate transaction since the beginning of the year. When you have on your side an extremely experienced and professional team such as Prime Kapital team, your work becomes more enjoyable and in the same time easy. We would like to thank Dewald, Adrian, Cristina and the entire Prime Kapital team for their support!” said Andrei Mihul.
Selected real estate transactions in which RTPR Allen & Overy have been recently involved are set out below:
- DS Smith Plc group on the real estate aspects in relation to the acquisition of EcoPack and EcoPaper, two major producers of packaging and paper products on the Romanian market, which hold and operate two factories in Romania;
- Mitiska REIM on the acquisition of a property located in Brasov, where a retail store is located;
- Ruukki Romania, a member of the Swedish group SSAB, on the sale of its factory in Bolintin-Deal to Peikko Group Corporation, a Finnish company supplier of slim floor structures and connection technology for precast;
- Hypothekenbank Frankfurt AG, a subsidiary of Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, on the sale of a Europe-wide commercial real estate portfolio (consisting of 5 shopping malls) as regards the matters in Romania;
- EBRD and ING Bank N.V. Amsterdam – Bucharest Branch on a EUR96m financing for CTPark Bucharest logistics park located on the A1 Bucharest-Pitesti motorway and owned by CTP Group, one of the most active investors in industrial and logistics spaces in Romania;
- Raiffeisen Bank International AG and Raiffeisen Bank S.A. (Romania) on a financing of up to EUR 49.4 mil. granted to a Romanian subsidiary of CTP Group for the development of a logistic park near Bucharest;
- BRD – Groupe Société Générale S.A. and Komerční banka, a.s. on a EUR 47.6 mil. financing granted to CTPark Gamma S.R.L., part of CTP Group, one of the most active investors in industrial and logistics spaces in Romania, for the development of two industrial buildings in the proximity of Bucharest;
- BRD-Groupe Société Générale S.A. and Komerční banka, a.s. on the approximately EUR 65 mil. financing extended to Portland Romania Industrial One SRL, which operates one of the largest industrial and logistic parks in Romania, for the refinancing of its existing debt in the context of the acquisition of Bucharest West Industrial Park by the Czech group CTP;
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and funds managed by Cairn Capital on the EUR 180 mil. secured bond financing agreement of Globalworth Real Estate Investments Ltd., one of the largest real estate developers in Romania.
Allen & Overy is an international legal practice with approximately 5,500 staff, including some 550 partners, working in 44 major cities worldwide. RTPR was incorporated in 2004 and has been working in association with Allen & Overy since 2008. RTPR Allen & Overy has a team of 42 lawyers, including 5 partners: Costin Taracila, Victor Padurari, Alexandru Retevoescu, Mihai Ristici, Valentin Berea.