The Changeneers final organized by Impact Hub Bucharest and Samsung Romania had Tech Game Changers as its main theme this year. Out of the 47 startups, 12 moved to the final, and Parking Spotter managed to convince the jury and win the top prize of EUR 10,000 in funding.
Parking Spotter is an innovative solution that helps drivers find the closest parking spot by automatically analyzing the images provided by camcorders. Parking Spotter is a software platform that analyzes the data provided by video surveillance cameras located in car parks to transmit information about parking spaces to both drivers and administrators of such spaces. When a driver enters an area where Parking Spotter is installed, they will receive information about the free parking spaces available nearby via the smartphone app.
Startups that took part in the final pitch were:
- Hero – an application that makes the blood donation process friendlier by building a community of donors.
- Arttachment – a parenting application that supports child-parent attachment and helps parents become more confident in their abilities.
- eMedi – brings all the questions about the baccalaureate on a single platform and proposes a different way of learning than the usual methods.
- I’m fine – aims to help depressed adults through an application with the latest technologies: AI, a discussion bot and Big Data.
- Parentool – a mobile app that provides parents with AI and psychology, a personalized experience, depending on the stage where both they and their child are.
- Prepi – the solution for all Romanian students who want to take the baccalaureate exam. The project involves a series of customized algorithms and software services combined to create an online platform to help the student prepare for the Mathematics exam.
- Aut App – the only app for children with learning difficulties that expands specialized therapy.
- XVision – an X-ray analysis application that uses artificial intelligence to generate accurate interpretations. XVision is a web application thought to be a radiologist assistant.
- VASK – the first air purification system for vehicles. The product is located on the front or the top of the vehicle. As the machine rotates, the polluted air enters the filter, then the clean air is released back into the atmosphere.
- Nummo – an interactive speech therapy application that helps children with a cochlear implant or who have various hearing disabilities to improve their hearing from anywhere.
The criteria taken into consideration by the jury members to designate the winner were: the startup potential, feasibility, scalability, the market, the need it covers, the existing competition.
Impact Hub Bucharest and Samsung Romania aim to facilitate a better connection of Romanian entrepreneurs and build a large and complex network with startups that use technology to bring about a good change in the country. In addition to understanding the status of the ecosystem, this new section also represents a way of connecting and promoting industry entrepreneurs and is a step towards building the largest platform for impact-based startups.
Registration in the community is free of charge, by completing the form on the site and requires the approval of the organizers.
“The Changeneers competition is dedicated to startups that bring added value to the community. By participating in the competition, we manage to create environments that will solve the problems faced by society. Changeneers gives you the opportunity to enter a community where you can develop your idea,” said Mihai Gheorghe, Product Manager Parking Spotter.
“We are glad to support and inspire human progress through innovative ideas and projects that contribute to the development of the community and society as a whole. That’s why Samsung has all the admiration for “game tech changers,” because they are the ones who will change our community with us, finding solutions to everyday challenges. I would like to congratulate all the participants, have worked very hard on their projects and I am convinced that we will soon meet them because Changeneers is not just a contest of ideas, it is a real community. Here, participants can test their ideas, using even Samsung equipment at Makerspace, participate in meeting-ups, share experiences with other entrepreneurs, being guided and helped to find the best option to market tech product,” said Livia Fericean, Corporate Citizenship & Public Affairs Manager of South-Eastern Europe, Samsung
“Changeneers is one of the ways in which we support innovation and draw attention to the need for responsibility and the positive impact that technology can have. We are already at the second edition of the competition, and the project is growing nicely and we are happy to have partners with the same motivation. We congratulate all the participants, the winners and all the change engineers who do not accept things as they are,” said Oana Craioveanu, CEO and co-founder of Impact Hub Bucharest.