EFFIE Awards Romania 2023 brings some important news in this special edition celebrating 20 years of experience, excellence and creativity in the Romanian marketing and communication industry. On February 6, started the competition and the open registrations.
By Romanita Oprea
What is changing at the category level?
This year, EFFIE 2023 includes some additions and changes at the category level, inspired by the constant evolution of the marcom industry in Romania. These include:
- Added: 2 new Basic Categories: NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE – LINE EXTENSION and GOVERNMENT & PUBLIC SERVICE;
- Added: 3 new Special Categories: DATA-DRIVEN (Media), MEDIA INNOVATION (Media) and POSITIVE CHANGE SOCIAL GOOD – DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (Positive Change);
- The already existing BRAND EXPERIENCE category will be renamed EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING.
Changes to the registration forms
The entry forms for this edition (both classic and SUSTAINED SUCCESS) will receive some small updates for an improved experience.
- The number of words allowed in most sections will be increased;
- The description of the audience (AUDIENCE) will be moved to section 2;
- Section 3 will be expanded, including 3 “sub-sections”;
- Visual elements such as graphics, diagrams and pictures may be included in all 4 sections of the registration form;
- Sections 2 and 3 will be slightly renamed;
- Some questions will be distributed over several stages;
- There will be only two options for publishing permission: “Publish as submitted” and “Publish an edited version”.
The judging process will be kept almost identical to the previous year’s iteration, except for some small qualitative changes at the Round 1 judging level, inspired by suggestions provided by last year’s judges.
These changes are:
- Judging in round 1 will last 10 days in total, taking place during the free time of the jurors;
- At the end of the 10 days, a moderated discussion structured case by case will be organized;
- The duration of this discussion will remain the same: maximum 3 hours.
EFFIE Calendar 2023
EFFIE 2023 starts registration on February 6, and the registration period will take place between February 6 and April 13. More information about the EFFIE 2023 calendar will be shared soon.
The EFFIE Awards is an international festival under license from EFFIE Worldwide, Inc. The EFFIE Awards was launched in 1968 in the USA. The Romanian EFFIE Awards is a brand event of the marketing and communication industry, organized by the International Advertising Association Romania (IAA Romania), in partnership with the Union of Advertising Agencies in Romania (UAPR).