The Bucharest City Hall has started to apply new fees for the parking spaces it manages in the city, based on several tariff areas. The cost of parking for one hour in Bucharest’s zone 0 will be RON 10. In the non-central areas the fees will range from RON 1.5-5/hour for the first two hours and the tariff will double for any time spent over two hours.
The City Hall says that these much higher parking fees were needed because the air quality limits established through EU legislation have been exceeded in Bucharest, and one of the causes was the pollution caused by the heavy traffic.
Furthermore, the City Hall claims, these tariffs allow Bucharest to align with large European capitals which have adopted higher parking fees in the central area in order to lower traffic and pollution, as well as to promote public and alternative transport.
Zone 0 – RON 10/hour:
- Intercontinantal underground parking, streets N. Balcescu – C.A. Rosetti – D. Gerota – J.L. Calderon – T. Arghezi – Carol I
- University Square underground parking, streets N. Balcescu – I. Campineanu – Calea Victoriei – Splaiul Independentei – Halelor – I.C. Bratianu
- Cocor overground parking, streets I.C. Bratianu – Sf. Vineri – Calea Mosilor – H.Botev – C. Coposu
- Unirea overground parking, streets C. Coposu – M. Basarab – Mircea Voda – Unirii – Bratianu
Zone 1 – RON 2.5/hour for parking between 6 pm-6 am; RON 5/hour between 6 am and 6 pm (with some exceptions where the tariff is RON 5 for 24 hours); after 2 hours, the tariff doubles
- Victoriei Square – Iancu de Hunedoara – Polona – Mihai Eminescu – Traian – Nerva Traian – Gh. Sincai – Lanariei – Serban Voda – Marasesti – Mitropolit Nifon – Libertatii – 13 Septembrie – Izvor – B.P. Hasdeu – Vasile Parvan – Berzei – Buzesti – Victoriei Square
Zone 2 – RON 1.5/hour between 6 pm – 6 am; RON 2.5/hour between 6 am – 6 pm (with some exceptions where the tariff is RON 2.5 for 24 hours)
- Includes parking areas between Zone 1 and the city’s administrative limits
The fee for blocking/unblocking vehicles is RON 200.