As the 12th edition of Business Review Awards Gala, BR magazine’s flagship event that recognizes the outstanding achievements of the business community, will take place on February 27, we want to put the spotlight on the 10 categories and finalists that were selected by the independent jury for their exceptional activity in 2016.
For BR Awards 2017, the jury looked at over 100 nominees and selected 43 companies, entrepreneurs and executives that will compete for a trophy.
Business Review decided to include the Best Start-up category this year in a move designed to award the vibrant star-up community in Romania. For years, the magazine has awarded the Best Start-up Supporter, which recognized financiers or other organizations that backed the development of the local ecosystem for young companies with extensive growth potential.
The award recognizes the most promising start-up that has the potential to bring major changes in a certain industry. It takes into account the innovation factor of the service or product that the start-up is working on and the potential growth patterns. The award also takes looks at other recognitions that the start-up has previously received and the manner in which the start-up has been able to finance its operations up to now.
The finalists were selected by an independent jury based on the following criteria:
General: description of the start-up; the year in which it launched its service or product; age of start-up: up to 3 years; profile of founder(s)
Objectives & Strategy: innovation factor, concept quality, disruption potential
Evidence of Results: financing type, growth potential, recognitions, business achievements, impact on overall start-up scene
The finalists of this category are:
5 To Go
The jurors of BR Awards 2017
- Anca Rarau – Marketing Director, BCR
- Cosmin Alexandru – Transformation Partner, Wanted Transformation/Entrepreneurship Academy
- Istvan Kocsolade – Manager, Accenture Management Consulting
- Joshua Burke – Commercial Attaché & Deputy Senior Commercial Officer, US Embassy Bucharest
- Marius Ghenea – Investment Director, 3TS Capital
- Matteo Patrone – Director for Romania, EBRD
- Oana Bulexa – Managing Director, The Practice
- Oana Craioveanu – CoFounder, Impact Hub
- Silviu Stoica – Partner, Popovici Nitu Stoica si Asociatii
- Sotiris Chatzidakis – Executive Vice President, CEO Clubs