Felix Tataru took over his two years’ mandate as president of IAA Global from Faris Abouhamad, the previous head of the organization, during a special meeting.
With this occasion, the IAA Global Board organized elections, so Tataru and his new team will soon present their objectives and strategy for the next two years.
“We are very excited to assemble our leadership at such an exciting and challenging time in our industry. The IAA, representing all areas of marketing communications – advertisers, agencies, media and educators is committed to inspire the industry and society. Everyone in our industry is empowered to contribute in their own way and the IAA looks forward to harnessing the resources and energy of our members around the world,” said Tataru.
Current industry issues for the IAA include the continued importance of best practices and integrity; the defense of unwarranted bans and interference with brands and advertising and the development of talent within our industry.
„For Romania I have the following message – I am grateful to my collegues from IAA Romania with whom I’ve shown to the entire world that Romanians are creative and determined. I am the beneficiery of those proven facts of IAA Romania in the last ten years. I believe it’s an extraodinary opportunity for Romania and for more and more Romanian leaders to get involved in at an international level and bring home the best practices in order to inspire the Romanian industry,” added Tataru.
The Board of Directors confirmed the following IAA Officers for the 2016-2018 period:
- Felix Tataru – Chairman and World President, GMP Group, Romania
- Faris Abouhamad – Immediate Past Chairman and World President, CEO, InterOne Resonance, UAE
- Srinivasan Swamy – Senior Vice President, President RK SWAMY BBDO Pvt Ltd, India
- Diane Slade – General Secretary, Head of Advertising Edith Cowan University,Perth, Western Australia
- Venanzio Camarra – Treasurer, Managing Partner and Chief Consultant of Studio Aldabra<, Italy
- Carla Michelotti – Vice President Corporate Members and Government Affairs, President, Carla Michelotti LLC, USA
- Kaushik Roy – Vice President Area Director Asia Pacific, President – Brand Strategy & Marketing Communication, Reliance Industries Ltd, India
- Tom Brookbanks – Vice President Area Director USA/Canada, Senior Vice President, Starcom Mediavest, USA
- Kyra Roest – Vice President Are Director Europe Business & People connector, /UM’GE:BUN/, Netherlands
- Saad El Zein – Vice President Area Director Middle East Africa Saad El Zein Company, UAE
- Michael Lee – Managing Director IAA, USA
“Felix Tataru, at 42, is the youngest IAA Chairman in our history. We have an ambitious agenda for the next two years and our exciting mission continues today,” said Michael Lee, managing director of IAA.
The IAA plans to announce its Global VP’ later this week. The International Advertising Association (IAA), headquartered in New York, was founded in 1938 to champion responsible marketing. The IAA, with members in over 40 countries, is a one-of-a-kind global partnership comprising advertisers, media, advertising and public relations agencies, media companies, and academics. The IAA is a platform for industry issues and is dedicated to protecting and advancing freedom of commercial speech, responsible advertising, consumer choice, and the education of marketing professionals.