IAA Romania and UAPR have opened the entry period for the 16th edition of the Romanian Effie Awards. Entries can be submitted by April 25, with 3 different deadlines: early bird deadline, on-time deadline and last chance deadline.
By Romanita Oprea
To show the best the changes on the market, the most active industries and current trends, the organizing committee introduced new categories and refined some of the existent ones. Romanian Effie Awards 2019 now has 16 main categories, representing different areas on the market, as well as 17 special categories. Among the “new entries” in terms of categories are “Energy” and “Use of influencers”.
“Effie’s vision for this year has 2 priorities: adapting the festival to today’s communication realities and promoting #EffieThinking. In a period when the communication industry is in full transformation, Effie must be relevant when it comes to new developments. As such, Effie will have categories as representative as possible for what happens today and a jury that is well aligned to the international demands of the festival. At the same time, Effie must offer efficient models of approaching communication, to which marcom can report in this transformational period.
Fundamentally, Effie means a certain way of thinking, that correlates basic elements of a communication campaign (context, challenge, objectives, strategy, creative and results). As a result, the challenge #EffieThinking, meaning promoting the communication models that stay behind some efficient campaigns, is one of the priorities of this year’s committee,” said Victor Stroe, President Romanian Effies 2019′ Organizing Committee and Head of Strategy and Associate Director, Leo Burnett Romania.
The committee in charge with organizing Romanian Effie Awards 2019 consists of:
- Victor Stroe – President Romanian Effie Awards Committee 2019 & Head of Strategy and Associate Director, Leo Burnett
- Alina Golopenta – Marketing Director, Kaufland Romania
- Eleodor Ghenoiu – Head of Advertising and Brand Activation Enel
- Hortensia Nastase – Vice President, Mullen Lowe Romania
- Irina Pencea – Managing Partner, Jazz Communications
- Laura Barbu – Director Brand and Marketing Communication, Vodafone
- Mihai Trandafir – Managing Director Universal McCann
- Nicoleta Mihailescu – Marketing Category Manager – Baby Care South East Europe, Procter & Gamble
- Raluca Kovacs – Head of Strategic Planning, Publicis Romania
- Raluca Mihalcea – Senior Brand Manager, Rompetrol
- Razvan Mircea – Marketing Director, Strauss Balkans.